|Legion Recruit Decanus|
Superiors: Veteran Decanus, Prime Decanus, Centurion, Praetorian, Legates, Caesar
Duties: Develop your leadership and combat ability.
Guides: Not defined
True to Caesar, you have been chosen to become a Recruit Decanus because of your leadership potential.
Starting out Edit
As a Recruit Decanus you should ideally be assisting the Prime Decanus in squad leadership, guiding legionnaires not only in battle, but during the day to day camp life that exists. Grab a radio from the armoury to assist with leading and have a look around to find out who your superiors and inferiors are.
Being a Recruit Decanus Edit
In your down time, the Recruit Decanus should be teaching legionnaires about the virtues set out by Caesar, Son of Mars, and all the other great things that you learned while obtaining your rank. Ensure that drugs, alcohol and other evils aren't being consumed by your men, and ensure the followers are doing their best.
Check out the Veteran Decanus and Prime Decanus pages for more information to assist you fitting into this role.
Also check out: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Caesar%27s_Legion_military_hierarchy
and https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Caesar's_Legion for lore related information.
Chain of Command Edit
Further reading Edit
Legion Ideology: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Caesar%27s_Legion#Ideology
Military structure: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Caesar%27s_Legion#Military
Legion specific rules Edit
Vexillarius has no real rank. They hold a flag and doot doot. 0. No female or ghoul legionnaires.
1. Stay within the Roman theme of naming. You’d be given a new name when you join the Legion.
2. No medicine save for healing powder, poultice, bitter drink and mushrooms for anti-toxin. Chems must be disposed of.
3. The Legion uses any equipment it finds, but would not keep items like medical technology, or techno-magic items, such as bluespace backpacks.
4. Legion ranks are defined by equipment. Survivors traditionally reform the hierarchy by taking the armor of their dead superiors, to assume their position.
5. Caesar’s Legion consider women inferior, this delegates them to support and slavery, rarely if ever do they accept a woman as worthy as more than a slave.
6. NCR are typically strung up on a cross when captured (and if it is deem fitting, they can be turned into slaves),as are chem users.
7. Men are to be trained as Legionaries, while women are to be trained as healers and farmers, as well as cooks.
8. Caesar's Legion is comprised of mainly tribals, meaning most of them do not know how to read, however the Centurions of war camps are typically somewhat educated.
9. Camp Followers are entirely loyal to the Legion. Playing them as anything but is grounds for a jobban. There are reasonable exceptions to this, such as overt abuse by the Legion, who should at least treat you as an asset.
| On Bad Deathclaw, you're|
|NCR||Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant, Medical Officer, Engineer, Heavy Trooper, Trooper, NCR Recruit, Scout Lieutenant, Scout Sergeant, Scout|
|Legion||Centurion, Veteran Decanus, Prime Decanus, Recruit Decanus, Vexillarius, Libritor, Veteran Legionnaire, Prime Legionnaire, Legion Explorer, Legion Scout, Recruit Legionary, Camp Follower,Camp Slave|
|Den/Kebob||Town Mayor, Sheriff, Deputy, Den Doctor, Prospector, Farmer, Settler|
|Brotherhood of Steel||Paladin, Head Scribe, Scribe, Knight, Initiate Scribe, Initiate Knight|
|Vault||Overseer, Chief of Security, Scientist, Doctor, Security Officer, Dweller|
|Wastes||Raider, Pusher, Wastelander|
|Non-human||AI, Cyborg, Positronic Brain, Drone, Personal AI, Super Mutant, Ghost|
|Special||NCR Colonel,Veteran Ranger, Legion Legatus, Brotherhood Elder, NCR El Presidente, Ian|